Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lucy at 5 Weeks




Weight:  Last Tuesday at her pediatrician appointment, she was up to 9 lbs 8 oz, which is almost a whole pound in a week! 

Health:    Her jaundice is almost gone, so no more bloodwork and no full blood panel! We don't even have to go back to her doctor until her two month appointment. Such a relief that the health problems are slowing down. 


Sleep:  We're making improvements here. I think she's finally getting the hang of day vs. night. She will go about 2 3-4 hour stretches with another morning one. I've been trying to keep the room really dim during the middle of the night feedings, which has been helping in keeping her from getting too alert. I've been trying to pinpoint when she wants her bedtime to be. Sometimes it's 7:30; sometimes 8:30, and sometimes 11. Think we're still figuring that one out. 



Clothes: Newborn and some 0-3. Newborn is getting a little short on her, but she's still kind of swimming in her 0-3 clothes! Hopefully she catches up soon, because all of her Christmas outfits are 0-3. So we'll be waiting to meet Santa until they do. 

Social:  The visitors have slowed down, but we've been making more outings. I'm feeling a little more comfortable in taking her out, even with nursing in public (with a cover), but I wish I had ten hands. I don't know how moms with multiples do it! We've one out to dinner a few times and shopping a few times. I even did my first solo grocery trip with her. She's a pretty good traveler, usually falls asleep in the car seat and is lulled back to sleep in the stroller and with lights and ambient sounds. 



Baby Gear Love:
Summer Infant SwaddleMe - We tried these out for the first time last weekend, and I'm finding it a lot easier than a manual swaddle or the Halo swaddle. 


Crying:  Mainly cries when hungry or overtired. Cries during most diaper changes and baths. 


Milestones:  She turned a month old! I also think she may be starting to social smile, but I can't quite pinpoint what triggers it so I can never repeat it. Hopefully soon though. I can't wait to make her smile as much as I can! 



1 comment: