Sunday, December 23, 2012

Lucy at 8 Weeks




Weight: A little over 11 pounds

Medical Issues:    I think she may have a touch of cradle cap on the top of her head. She gets so dry and flaky there. She also had some really painful gas episodes this week -- screaming her little head off for 15-20 minutes at a time. I've attributed the cause as the fenugreek herbal supplement I was taking to up my milk production. So needless to say, I've stopped taking it. I'm still working on overcoming some breastfeeding problems. Hopeful to have it semi figured out by the time I return to work January 3. 


Sleep:  Lots of patterns emerging the past two weeks. She's down for the night around 10 pm and sleeps anywhere between 4-6.5 hours for her first stretch. It gets shorter each stretch after that, with the final one being SO noisy. If she'd take a decent nap, they would be around 12:30 pm, 2 pm, 5 pm and 7 pm. 


I'd love to try transitioning her to her crib, but I'm really afraid it's going to be a huge flop. 




Clothes: 0-3.  Trying to get as many outfits in as possible because I have a feeling this size will be short lived, even though she just started filling them out.




Social:
Trips to the hospital for various appointments and to visit my coworkers. Also our work Christmas party.




Baby Gear Love:
Target Scented Wipes -- They have a great scent, aren't overly wet, and are a soft cloth material. Plus they're cheap!

Crying:
Same old.  Mainly cries when hungry, overtired, or gassy.

Milestones:  Tried out the Bumbo just to see how she'd react. While she has great head control, she seems too wobbly. We'll keep trying it for a minute or so at a time. She's also started to lick while rooting. Before she'd just kind of open mouth whatever she was rooting on. We're excited to have our first Christmas with her! Granted she won't know what's going on, but it will mean a lot to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment