Monday, December 31, 2012

2 Months





Dear Lucy,
You're two months old now! While you're still so new, it feels like your birth happened years ago. It took a bit, but we've finally settled into a new normal. Admittedly the first few weeks were incredibly tough; I had a hard time understanding everything and my life was completely flipped upside down. I had so many paralyzing fears about you... how to keep you safe and happy while at the same time retaining a little bit of myself. But we made it through!

You are my everything. All the decisions I make are based around you. It's humbling to put someone else completely above yourself, but there's nothing I wouldn't do to make sure your needs come first.

You are a lot more interactive than you were a month ago -- you are great at making eye contact, tracking, holding your head up, putting weight on your legs, and the best of all -- SMILES and COOS! I absolutely live for your smiles. My heart melts each time you flash that gummy little grin. You love to eat, look at lights, listen to music, enjoy car rides and shopping, and bounce around on Mommy's lap. You even like diaper changes now! And I think you like bath time too, though you won't admit to us. You dislike all your recent indigestion, tummy time, being harnessed into your car seat, and having your nose suctioned. Recently we have discovered you are really happy when being held by men!

You're growing pretty fast now. I already miss your curled up newborn lump would feel against me, but now it almost feels like you're hugging me when I hold you, which is equally awesome.

You're a decent sleeper for being two months old, but I selfishly wish you'd progress a little more, especially as I head back to work this week. I am very nervous to not be with you every minute of the day, but I know you and Daddy will have lots of fun in the morning and then you'll get to meet new people at daycare in the afternoons. I am going to miss you with every ounce of me. We haven't been separated for 11 months. But I hope that it will make our times together even more special.

I love you so much, Buggy Lu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment