Today is 5w3d and so far so good. I'm getting used to the everyday fatigue, and now that my cold is almost over, I'm sleeping through the night so much better. I think a lot about food. I'm guessing that will change should morning sickness strike in the next few weeks, so I'm going to just run with it.
Last week I thought a lot about sauteed vegetables. This week? Red meat -- cheesesteaks, hamburgers, bacon... I'm pretty sure I dream about it. A friend told me that's a boy sign, but I'm trying not to put much weight to those wives' tales. Oh, and sadly carbs are pretty nice too. The smell of my chicken noodle casserole is making my mouth water right now. I hope that craving goes away quickly; the last thing my butt needs are more starches.
I've been slowly accumulating books and downloading iPhone apps to help me navigate through these exciting and daunting nine months. Books are great of course, but I'm finding the most value from my BabyCenter app, which gives me a checklist. The other app I use daily is one called BabyBump which shows daily and weekly updates and tips. Oh technology. Someday I'll have to tell our baby he/she was conceived with the aid of an app.
Also, and more importantly, I'm fortunate enough to have a fabulous network of women in my life, many of whom have/are going through pregnancy and parenthood. Thankfully I can ask any silly question to them, and while they may internally mock me, they're very understanding about explaining certain things to me. And any question that is too mortifying to ask those women? Those go to Dr. Google. What did pregnant women ever do before the Internet??

No comments:
Post a Comment