Friday, August 17, 2012

28 Weeks

Highlights of the past week
  • Baby girl attended her first bridal shower and bachelorette party! Though I did have to tell her she won't be attending another b-party until she's 21. ;) I had a minor freakout when I thought the loud music/bass was keeping her up and active too long (parenting is going to be soooo mentally exhausting!), but I was then reassured she was most likely bouncing around in the womb, having a blast. 
  • I signed us up for our Saturday childbirth class -- we go in early October. The bad part about that is it's 7 hours long! 
  • I took my one-hour glucose test -- and passed! I don't know why, but I had convinced myself I was going to fail it and/or be diagnosed with GD. Bullet dodged. Pass the cookies.
  • But I should maybe pass on cookies, considering I went up another 7 lbs this month. OMG. I'm now a total of 29 pounds up from starting weight. Surprisingly I'm not freaking out. Yes, I could make healthier choices, but I believe my body is going to do what it's going to do to grow this child. Weight can always be lost. 
  • More progress made on the nursery, i.e. there's a freaking CRIB in my house!!! It's so surreal. I guarantee I'll be spending a lot of time in her nursery just staring in amazement that soon there'll be a little girl in it. Blows my mind a little more each day. 
Me, baby, and the beautiful bachelorette!

CRIB!

No comments:

Post a Comment