Saturday, July 14, 2012

23 Weeks

Disclaimer: The below will sound whiny and bratty, but sometimes a pregnant girl just has to complain about the crap parts of pregnancy. Don't get me wrong -- I'm thrilled to be pregnant and be a grower of life and all that jazz I swear. But it's not all puppies and rainbows.

I miss being able to sleep in my bed. I miss being able to haul myself out of a sitting position without time and grunts and heavy breathing. I miss not four hour stretches of sleep. I miss fruity cocktails and beer. I miss not having heartburn and random pains in my belly. I miss having non-swollen legs and feet. I miss not feeling like I'm not an elephant who slowly trudges wherever it goes. I miss the days when people didn't have carte blanche to talk about my weight. I miss not being judged/judging myself for what foods/drinks I put into my body.

But worst of all is the knowledge that I have soooo many more weeks to go and that all of the above will just get worse and then some. I'm already growing out of some of my maternity clothes -- like, how is that even possible at 23 weeks?!

Planning wise, I feel like I'm falling behind. I haven't been able to get in touch with the daycare I'm interested in. The guest room is still not cleaned out, not painted, no furniture purchased. I have two registered started, butt they're not completed. I haven't scheduled my childbirth classes yet. Why is it time slowed down when about my physical discomforts, but seems like it's zipping by when I think about all the baby prep?

Baby is the size of a large mango! She's getting more active in the days, but she's especially feisty at night right before I want to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. For one, you look pleasantly pregnant & you're glowing, for real. I never believed that when people told me, but you do. Two, you'll forget about all of these annoyances once you get to hold her in your arms. And third, most all of your to-do list are things that can wait. Don't stress. I hadn't talked to our daycare person until Kendall was about 3 wks old, & we never did get to take the childbirth class (& we both did just fine). Baby girl doesn't really "need" a nursery right away anyway, and hopefully people won't do this to you, but we got VERY few gifts that were actually on our registries, so it was more of a waste of my time & so frustrating. Sorry this turned into a book, but just try to relax & enjoy this time. It may not seem like it now, but it truly does fly by & then you'll have your baby girl & she'll change your lives (for the better) forever & you'll forget it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, H! Makes me feel better. I'll try to relax and take it easy. I think mommy guilt has set in already.

    ReplyDelete