Baby is the size of a banana!
Ohmygosh, my baby girl is half baked!! What an epic week -- between finding out she's a healthy lady and seeing her move around on the monitor, and now knowing we're at the halfway point -- it's just unbelievable. Admittedly I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed; she'll be here before I know it, and I'm astounded at all the preparing we have to do. I'm wading into uncharted territory in so many ways. Perhaps I need to calm my brain by making some lists and getting organized. Can any moms out there tell me it's normal to feel this in over my head?
I'm pretty easily getting used to the idea of having a daughter. Once I got over my initial shock (and a little bit of grieving for the little boy I imagined), I'm growing more and more thrilled. Everyone keeps telling me I was meant to have a little girly girl like me, though a friend joked that she may be a complete tomboy and detest dresses. (as if!) Plus I'm realizing I *know* little girls so much better than boys. I have a ton of nieces, plus well, I'm a girl. And now that we're so close to confirming her name (first, anyway), she's becoming an actual *person* to me. I'm sure this little lady will have her daddy wrapped around her finger as soon as she makes her debut. I've watched how W interacts with my bff's baby girl (exhibt A), and I know their relationship will be something amazing.
This morning on my way to work I stopped by a neighbor's yard sale and while rummaging through the girls clothes I had another revelation of "Wow, I have a little girl on the way. She'll wear these clothes!" The magnitude of all this is really coming at me this week.
Symptom-wise, no real cravings except the salads at lunch one. My bump is getting bigger, higher, and harder. I've been feeling movement off and on, which I'm thankfully getting used to. I feel like a cow in everything I wear, so I worry what the next 20 weeks will do to my body (especially considering I'm already up 14 lbs -- she only weighs 12 oz right now!) Sleep is getting marginally better now that I'm getting used to side sleeping.
Who knows -- maybe I'll be able to unveil a name soon. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment